In the earlier days the number of visits on a website was checked through a counter on your website or webpage. The e-commerce business is all about staying ahead of your competition and implementing your best game to attract many visitors and potential clients or simply viewers.
When a user reaches your site, the code becomes active and starts collecting data on how users are interacting with your site.
Today, all businesses are online (if not then you’re probably living in a stone age) to improve brand awareness and conversion rates as well as profits. Not only does this optimization method benefit you but also your clients.
Big developments and with a rise in affordable analytics programs, you can easily track your metrics. With the help of metrics you get to learn about which pages are visited the most and how many clicks you have received from different platforms. You also get a better gist of:
- New users who have visited your page
- of page views
- Bounce rate
- Sessions by browsers
- Behaviors of users, etc.
How an analytics program works
Basically, all analytics programs work by measuring and collecting then analyzing the outcomes of the above mentioned fragments in a sequence. If you wish to drive visits, create more leads and improve your reach then you should make use of any analytics program.
- ‘Session’ indicates the time period a user is actively engaged with your website.
- ‘Users’ indicate data about those users who have had at least one session within the selected date range. This includes new and returning users.
- ‘Pageviews’ indicates the no. of people have viewed your page (in a certain time period)
- ‘Avg. session duration’ indicates the average length of a session
- ‘Bounce rate’ is an indication of the percentage of single page visits. When a user lands on your page and doesn’t navigate around (or in other words- leaves your site after landing on it) that’s considered bounce rate.
- ‘Pages/session’ or average page depth is an indication of the average no. of pages viewed during a session
- ‘New sessions’ indicate an estimate of first time visits.
- Your Demographic data gives you insight on the countries, states or cities that visit your site the most.
In case you are wondering how much such programs cost then you will be ecstatic to know that you can avail both paid and unpaid programs. If you are a start up then I would definitely reckon going for a program like Google Analytics (which is free).
On the other hand, if you’re a big shot company then you should maybe spend some money and try to opt for programs like WebTrends or CoreMetrics. Paid analytics programs focus more on customized requirements of a user and tend to give better outputs than unpaid programs.
CodeRang, one of the leading digital marketing agencies in Delhi offers help with keeping tabs on your competition and metrics. We also help promote your brand on social platforms using SEO and SMO.
Suggestion: Experts advise us to compile data and duplicate it. You should also create a dashboard. Google Analytics allows you to create dashboards for multiple things like the no. of visitors or leads received from different countries, states or cities, etc.
You should focus your metrics on the no. of visitors each day, bounce rates, keyword effectiveness, views on your page and also referrals.
Now, if you want to create a Google analytic’s account you should pursue these steps:
- Go to analytics.google then sign up for it.
This is what you will be presented with
- After you complete your account set up you will be provided with a tracking code.
How to find your tracking code/ ID
- Log in to your analytics account
- Go to the admin tab
- Select the desired account
- Select a property
- Under property, click tracking info and select tracking code.
You can choose to track activities on
- Static pages or web sites
- Dynamic pages or sites
- Website using Google Tag Manager
- Mobile apps
- Or Internet connected devices
- Once you have made your account and added the tracking code to your site, you can check metrics like page views, returning visitors, average time spent by users on your site and so on.
- Keep being active on your website. Make improvements and also keep tabs on your results. It is important that you compare reports of every month and see where you are screwing up and where you’re doing well.
Suggestion: If you want users to keep coming back to your site you should take the help of an explainer video production company to help create explainer videos for you. Such videos boost traffic and also increase conversion rates. Other than that you must update your site frequently and come up with spicy content.